Sunday, November 11, 2012

Postcard from Paris






I arrived in Paris on a beautiful Saturday morning in the 18th arrondissement.





I found my way haphazardly to my girlfriend Julia's flat using broken French and my smile!





I opened the gate to paradise...





and documented myself in the mirror to make sure this was all real.





I rode the metro from Chateau Rouge to Palais Royal to find my Paris daydream.





I found it!







I took my goodies to the Pompidou...





and sat soaking up the sunshine.





I ate the most delicious ham and swiss quiche!





Then devoured it...





I watched the Alexander Calder spinning above me...





and eventually wandered to my single most favorite art piece in Paris.





I strolled to the Tuileries Garden...





and remembered all the things I ever loved about Paris.





I watched the French being French...





and pictured myself riding a golden horse through the streets of Paris.





I found my stride when landing on Rue Saint-Honore...





and saw inspiration in every shop window!





including this one...







I stumbled upon this view...














and finally found the source of my macaron obsession. 










Here I saw life through pastel colored glasses.










Tea for one please!










I said goodbye to my friends at Laduree...










and discovered spoons falling from the sky.










I found the missing obelisk from my trip to Luxor, Egypt this past April.










Then stopped for drinks with a real Frenchie at Hotel Costes










The next morning the train awaited but I left my heart in Paris!

No comments:

Post a Comment